Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
In the mood for a cool creamy dessert after a steady stream of heavy holiday sweets? Try this recipe from Kimberly McKeever, Shoreview, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 gallon vanilla or peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Carefully spread ice cream over crust. Spread whipped topping over ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top; sprinkle with nuts.
- Freeze until firm, about 2-4 hours. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 283 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Ice Cream Sundae Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 1995