Ice Cream Sundae Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes2 desserts (15 servings each)
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in remaining sugar; beat 2 minutes longer. Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; add to egg yolk mixture alternately with water. Beat in vanilla. Gently fold in egg whites. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Spread each cake with ice cream. Drizzle with fudge topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with cookies. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 380 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 28, 2012
Over the years I have made this MANY times. It has become a staple, and in fact it ha been requested for more than one birthday cake! I have halved it with great success also, but once you try this, you won't regret having another cake in the freezer. I always add more hot fudge, and never chop the peanuts.
Oct 4, 2009
This is a great recipe. Everyone loved it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.