- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 jars (11-3/4 ounces each) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in remaining sugar; beat 2 minutes longer. Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; add to egg yolk mixture alternately with water. Beat in vanilla. Gently fold in egg whites. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Spread each cake with ice cream. Drizzle with fudge topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with cookies. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove form the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 desserts (15 servings each).
Reviews forIce Cream Sundae Cake
"Over the years I have made this MANY times. It has become a staple, and in fact it ha been requested for more than one birthday cake! I have halved it with great success also, but once you try this, you won't regret having another cake in the freezer. I always add more hot fudge, and never chop the peanuts."
"This is a great recipe. Everyone loved it"