A gooey caramel sauce made with ice cream coats the tender rolls in the breakfast treat from Sharon Donat of Kalispell, Montana. Instead of using a loaf of bread dough, thaw frozen dinner rolls and divide in thirds for faster assembly. For a little crunch, top with chopped pecans before serving.
Recommended: 30 Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Roll Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, butter and sugars. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cut dough into 36 pieces; arrange in dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Ice Cream Sticky Buns in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p7