VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in juices until smooth. Add raspberries; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until cold.
- For snowballs, place coconut in a shallow bowl. Using a 1/2-cup scoop, drop a scoop of ice cream in coconut; roll in coconut to coat and shape into a ball. Transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking pan; place in freezer. Repeat to make a total of 10 snowballs; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- To serve, spoon raspberry sauce into dessert dishes. Top with snowballs. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Snowballs with Raspberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016