Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from fudge topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layers of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 422 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 8, 2014
Unbelievably good! Made this for my nephews 10th birthday today, and it was a hit, seconds for everyone! As most of the kids are missing one or more teeth, I used crushed Oreo's and Chips Ahoy (choc. chip cookies) in place of the nuts and toffee. Very good, 3 years old to Grandma all approved!
Feb 12, 2012
Awesome recipe! Took it to a Super Bowl party and the hostess asked to keep what was left! Made a second one for at home as it was nice to keep in the freezer for a quick dessert or snack! It looks like it was very time consuming and only took about 10 min. to make! Thank you for sharing.
Oct 14, 2011
So good and so easy! I gave this recipe to my sister when her daughter asked for an ice cream cake at the last minute for her party, and it was a big hit!! (and a lot cheaper!)
Sep 5, 2011
I brought this to a Labor Day party and everyone loved it. I gave the recipe away and my husband wants it gain next weekend! :)
Aug 12, 2011
I have made a similar version of this recipe and taken to church several times and they love it. So easy!!
Jul 31, 2011
everyone LOVES this! and it's very easy to make!
May 3, 2010
I have a bit of a different version of this recipe, omitting the peanuts, use caramel sauce instead.It is also made good buy using a coffe flavoing in this recipe too!
Nov 13, 2009
Everyone loved this ice cream cake. I made it with vanilla ice cream sandwiches and peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. There was none left!
Aug 5, 2008
my friend make this cake and used pineapple and cherries to make it a banana slipt cake. It was awesome.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.