- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place on whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from fudge topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layer of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forIce Cream Sandwich Cake
"Unbelievably good! Made this for my nephews 10th birthday today, and it was a hit, seconds for everyone! As most of the kids are missing one or more teeth, I used crushed Oreo's and Chips Ahoy (choc. chip cookies) in place of the nuts and toffee. Very good, 3 years old to Grandma all approved!"
"I brought this to a Labor Day party and everyone loved it. I gave the recipe away and my husband wants it gain next weekend! :)"
"I have made a similar version of this recipe and taken to church several times and they love it. So easy!!"
"everyone LOVES this! and it's very easy to make!"
"I have a bit of a different version of this recipe, omitting the peanuts, use caramel sauce instead.It is also made good buy using a coffe flavoing in this recipe too!"
"Everyone loved this ice cream cake. I made it with vanilla ice cream sandwiches and peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. There was none left!"