"Our whole family loves ice cream," writes Barbara Heller from her Austin, Texas kitchen. "By combining it into a chocolate crumb crust, I can serve a fancy treat that's a big hit."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; fold in peanut butter cups. Spoon into the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until set. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Ice Cream Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p6