Ice Cream Loaf Recipe
A co-worker shared this recipe with me a few years back. Anyone who likes ice cream and chocolate can't resist this one.
- 1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 5 wafers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Cut a piece of foil into 12x3-in. rectangle. Line the bottom of a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan with foil, so that the foil comes up over the ends of the pan. Combine wafer crumbs and melted butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Spoon ice cream over crumbs; smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle with nuts. Freeze until firm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate mixture until completely cool, stirring occasionally. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from refrigerator 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 366 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Ice Cream Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC