VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 5 wafers)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Cut a piece of foil into 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Line the bottom of a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with foil, so that the foil comes up over the ends of the pan. Combine wafer crumbs and melted butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Spoon ice cream over crumbs; smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle with nuts. Freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate mixture until completely cool, stirring occasionally. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from refrigerator 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Loaf in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p292