Ice Cream Crunch Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and brown sugar until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cereal, coconut and nuts; add sugar mixture and stir until coated. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust. Top with remaining cereal mixture. Freeze until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 337 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Ice Cream Crunch
"I've been making this dessert for over 40 years using pecans instread of mixed nuts. It wouldn't be summer if I didn't make it at least once. It really is easy. I stick the pan with the crisp mixture in the freezer for a few minutes to harden it before adding the ice cream. Don't skip greasing the pan. You'll regret it. I discovered when I made it today that I had accidently picked up Butter Pecan instead of Vanilla ice cream. Didn't matter."