- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and brown sugar until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, coconut and nuts; add sugar mixture and stir until coated. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust. Top with remaining cereal mixture. Freeze until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forIce Cream Crunch
"I've been making this dessert for over 40 years using pecans instread of mixed nuts. It wouldn't be summer if I didn't make it at least once. It really is easy. I stick the pan with the crisp mixture in the freezer for a few minutes to harden it before adding the ice cream. Don't skip greasing the pan. You'll regret it. I discovered when I made it today that I had accidently picked up Butter Pecan instead of Vanilla ice cream. Didn't matter."