Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 573 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 15, 2020
This is simple and so good! My family loves this and we make it often during the summer. I do use more fudge sauce than called for and most often make my own whipped cream for the top. Very versatile to change flavors too. Definitely a keeper!
Aug 28, 2019
Great when you want the convenience of a store-bought dessert but want to add a bit of tlc. It does take time to setup between layers so plan in advance.
Apr 11, 2018
Super easy to make! I added crushed walnuts to the topping and used French Vanilla ice cream for a bit richer ice cream flavoring but I could see this tasting wonderful with a mocha flavored ice cream. And I will use real whipped cream next time as I'm not a super fan of the frozen cool whip.
Mar 11, 2018
This is a wonderful and easy to put together dessert.Everyone that tries it loves it.
Jan 23, 2018
Use real whipped cream, not fake stuff.
Jul 10, 2017
My Grandma would make this all of the time when she was alive - our family LOVES it!!
Jul 9, 2017
I have been looking for this recipe for a long time now, I am so glad to have found this. This is a recipe I will use for my hubby's birthday. thank you for posting this recipe.It's a good one. I would add bananas and melted chocolate to this recipe.
Jul 7, 2017
Made this for an office birthday treat. Was so easy and delicious. Next time I might try it with fresh made whipped cream.
Jul 7, 2017
This is SO good, but I don't put any Cool Whip (or whipped cream) on the top. Justsprinkle the cookie crumbs over the ice cream!
Jul 7, 2017
I have made this recipe for close to 40 years. It ia amazing. It was my children choice of biththday cake as they grew up. I have made one pan with two different flavors. -also you can put the appropriate candies for the flavor you choose to the top. And yes it has lots of calories. It is ice cream and hot fudge sauce.