Ice Cream Brownie Mountain Recipe
If you like ice cream cake as my family does, you'll love this easy-to-make version. It's a fun, festive dessert for birthdays and other occasions, especially in summer.—Mirien Church, Aurora, Colorado
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Colored nonpareils and chopped peanuts, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in peanuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Line a 2-1/2-qt. bowl with a double layer of plastic wrap. Break brownies into pieces about 2 in. square; set aside a third of the pieces. Line the bottom and sides of prepared bowl with remaining brownie pieces, pressing firmly to completely cover to within 1 in. of rim. Fill brownie-lined bowl with ice cream, pressing down firmly. Top with reserved brownie pieces, covering ice cream completely. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 3. To serve, uncover and invert onto a serving plate. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing bowl and plastic wrap. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of dessert; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Garnish with nonpareils and peanuts if desired. Cut into wedges with a sharp knife. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 479 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Ice Cream Brownie Mountain
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC