When we were young, Mom made birthday cakes with a small toy on top, chosen just for us. Now that I'm a parent, I go with jimmies. —Becky Herges, Fargo, North Dakota
Featured In: 13 Crazy Fun Confetti Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups birthday cake-flavored ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened if necessary
- 1 funfetti cake mix (regular size)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. round pan with plastic wrap. Spread ice cream into pan. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes if domed. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Invert ice cream onto cake layer; remove plastic wrap. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Decorate with sprinkles as desired. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Birthday Cake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews forIce Cream Birthday Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2017
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2017
"Looks delicious, can't wait to try out this recipe!"
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2015
"Really easy to make :)"