I Spy Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large egg, halved lengthwise
- 1 ripe olives, halved
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a 2-qt. salad bowl, layer the first nine ingredients in the order given. Arrange tomatoes and cucumber around the edge. Place two egg halves in the middle of salad for eyes; top with olive halves for pupils.
- Remove yolk from the remaining egg halves. For eyelashes, cut six thin slices from egg white; place above eyes (refrigerate leftover egg for another use). Serve the salad with dressing of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2018
I thought this made for a cute presentation, but no one noticed the “eyes” until I pointed them out. I also need to remember to use a large, shallow platter or bowl for layered salads or it is very difficult to get a decent amount of lettuce.