I Spy Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large egg, halved lengthwise
- 1 ripe olives, halved
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a 2-qt. salad bowl, layer the first nine ingredients in the order given. Arrange tomatoes and cucumber around the edge. Place two egg halves in the middle of salad for eyes; top with olive halves for pupils.
- Remove yolk from the remaining egg halves. For eyelashes, cut six thin slices from egg white; place above eyes (refrigerate leftover egg for another use). Serve the salad with dressing of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 2, 2018
I thought this made for a cute presentation, but no one noticed the “eyes” until I pointed them out. I also need to remember to use a large, shallow platter or bowl for layered salads or it is very difficult to get a decent amount of lettuce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.