All kinds of convenience products—including canned tuna, frozen vegetables and instant rice—are used to prepare this satisfying supper from Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas.
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, combine the vegetables, water, onion and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the soup, rice, tuna, parsley and marjoram. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hurry-Up Tuna Supper in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p59