Since receiving this recipe from a friend years ago I have appreciated its meal-in-one convenience. While it bakes, I can concentrate on other things I enjoy doing. - Anne Reynolds, Sprakers, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- Crumble beef into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the onion, carrots, potatoes and beans. Combine soup and water; pour over beans.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Toasted garlic bread or breadsticks will round out a satisfying meal of Hunter's Stew. When the stew is done baking, brush melted butter on bread slices or sticks; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, dried parsley flakes and garlic powder. Broil until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 496 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 9g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Hunter's Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book