VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute corn and onion in drippings until tender.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Place pork in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Top potatoes with pork, corn mixture, bacon, goat cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p9
Reviews forHungry Man's Baked Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012