VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 medium plum plus 1/2 small plum
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 green grapes
- 1 small lemon slice
- 2 flowering sprigs of mint, optional
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 2 clementines, peeled
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth; set aside. In another bowl, combine apple and orange juice; toss to coat.
- Place whole plum on a serving platter. Using peanut butter, attach grapes for eyes and lemon for mouth. Attach mint sprigs for antennae if desired. Arrange apple and remaining fruit in a zigzag pattern to form caterpillar body. Drizzle caramel topping for legs; spoon almond glaze over fruit. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Fruit Caterpillar in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p72
Reviews forHungry Fruit Caterpillar
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"Great to make with the kids at daycare."