Hungarian Pork Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and buttermilk; let stand for 15 minutes. Add pork, egg, parsley, garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon paprika; mix well.
- Press into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°; drain. Sprinkle with remaining paprika.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 258 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 9, 2020
Since it start with a stuffing mix it is not Hungarian. So in my opinion it is definitely miss leading. We didn't have stuffing mix in Hungary. She probably got the recipe from someone or off of a box and wrote it by hand. I will be searching for an actual Hungarian recipe. Often you find marjoram as one of the ingredients. Though family recipes can very widely.
Sep 10, 2013
This was awesome!