I found this treasured recipe in my great-aunt's handwritten cookbook. She was a wonderful cook, and the entire family always looked forward to hearty meals at her home.
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and buttermilk; let stand for 15 minutes. Add pork, egg, parsley, garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon paprika; mix well.
- Press into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°; drain. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hungarian Pork Loaf in Country Pork 1996, p70
Reviews forHungarian Pork Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"This was awesome!"