Hungarian Noodle Side Dish Recipe
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream and noodles and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: Casserole may be covered and refrigerated overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
1 each: 369 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Hungarian Noodle Side Dish
"Good and creamy, but a little too much of the Worcestershire sauce."
"This is excellent. My family loves it. It is definitely a keeper!_nlfPA"
"Average. Apricot kugel is a much better noodle dish"
"This dish was delicious! Followed recipe exactly except omitted seeds. Makes a lot and super simple to put together. Next time I will add mushrooms."
"I made this last night and it was wonderful. I followed the recipe exactly. I was just wondering, what makes it Hungarian?"
"I thought this would make a nice, creamy, comfort food type of side dish. I added a bit of dijon mustard to my dish at the start thinking it might need a bit more flavor. Boy, was I wrong. It had a perfect blend of comfort AND flavor. My husband and I loved it and will definitely make it again."
"Excellent dish, will make again. I didn't the add poppy seeds."
"This is the ultimate comfort food. I did use a bit more onion , but that was a personal preference.Next time I may add mushrooms. Very, very good recipe !!"
"Yum! This was a delicious, creamy dish that I'm sure I will make again. I did omit the poppy seeds because I had none on hand but the flavor was still wonderful. The Worcestershire really gives it a nice tang. easy to prepare, too. It does make a LOT so next time I will either use this as the entree for a meat-free dinner, or halve the recipe."