- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the flour, paprika, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, milk and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and lemon juice (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHungarian Mushroom Soup
"I love soup! Having had this soup in a restaurant I couldn’t convince the chef to part with his recipe. So the hunt was on. So needless to say I was thrilled to try this on my own. This has some serious flavor issues. It needs more mushroom, onion, lemon juice, dill and parsley. I would use a red wine and beef stock to add flavor to the mushrooms. No one in the family cared for it so with leftover soup I proportioned the soup for seasoning. After all the adjustments it was so much better showing this is a great base soup but needs added flavors. So I would make this again with my own adjustments as most cooks do. Still searching for the perfect recipe though. ;)"
"The first time I made this according to the directions. Tonight, I used vegetable broth (for my vegetarian daughter) and added 2 cloves of minced garlic. The garlic truly took it to the next level! This recipe will definitely be added to the rotation!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. I did not change a thing. I make many soups, and this is one of the best. We had guests for dinner last night. Rave reviews on the recipe~!"
"One of the best soups I have ever had! All of my family loved it!"
"Great recipe! Will make this again!"