- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- Dash sugar
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
- In a large kettle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Add beef cubes and brown on all sides. Add green pepper and onions; cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, paprika, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. About 1/2 hour before serving, add the potatoes and reserved bacon; cook until potatoes are tender. Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forHungarian Goulash Soup
"This soup is so satisfying on a cold winter day!!"
"Delicious and simple to prepare!1Sandy"
"This soup was absolutely delicious! My husband couldn't get enough of it. The aroma itself was mouth-watering. I added carrots as well. Yummy!"
"I made this last week and it was delicious, the only thing I added was a few carrots, it disappeared in a hurry. This soup freezes well too."