Instead of relying on ordinary egg salad, I like to spark up brown-bag lunches with this hearty sandwich. Every bite is filled with eggs, cheese and flavor.—Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread on 2 slices of bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Humpty-Dumpty Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.