Filled with banana and pineapple, this soft cheesecake is a refreshing finale for a holiday meal. Sweetened whipped cream makes the perfect garnish. —Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.+ chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup toasted ground pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in pineapple and banana. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Garnish cheesecake with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 560 calories, 44g fat (25g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Hummingbird Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.