- 5 tomatillos, husks removed, halved
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, undrained
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
- 8 tostada shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped tomato, sliced avocado and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Place the tomatillos, onion, pepper, garlic and bouillon in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped; set aside. In a small saucepan, mash beans. Cook on low until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, break eggs in batches into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- To serve, spread beans over tostada shells; top with eggs, tomatillo sauce and sour cream. Garnish with tomato, avocado and cilantro if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHuevos Rancheros with Tomatillo Sauce