- BUTTER CRUNCH CRUST:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream or 1 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- FRUIT TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh huckleberries*, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Blueberries may be substituted for huckleberries. Combine crust ingredients as for pie crust, cutting butter into mixture; mixture will be crumbly. Spread mixture on cookie sheet; bake at 400° for bout 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven. While mixture is still hot, press into a 9-in. pie pan, using a small-diameter aluminum pie pan to help press crumbs into form. Cool completely. For cheese filling, blend cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; gently stir in whipped cream or topping. Pour or spoon filling into cooled crust; refrigerate. For topping, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan. Add water, mixing to blend, and 1 cup berries. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add butter and remaining berries. Cool topping; pour over filling. Top with additional whipped cream, if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forHuckleberry Cheese Pie
"Made this according to the recipe, using fresh picked huckleberries (we live in Montana). It is absolutely one of the VERY BEST DESSERTS I HAVE EVER TASTED!!! I served it at a dinner party and all the guests just loved it! The texture is wonderful - does not fall apart when sliced. I would give this one 10 stars if I could! This one is a must-make!!"
"I made this with a traditional pie crust. It was great. Would definitely make again"