Huckleberry Cheese Pie Recipe
- BUTTER CRUNCH CRUST:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream or 1 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- FRUIT TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh huckleberries*, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1. Blueberries may be substituted for huckleberries. Combine crust ingredients as for pie crust, cutting butter into mixture; mixture will be crumbly. Spread mixture on cookie sheet; bake at 400° for bout 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven. While mixture is still hot, press into a 9-in. pie pan, using a small-diameter aluminum pie pan to help press crumbs into form. Cool completely. For cheese filling, blend cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; gently stir in whipped cream or topping. Pour or spoon filling into cooled crust; refrigerate. For topping, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan. Add water, mixing to blend, and 1 cup berries. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add butter and remaining berries. Cool topping; pour over filling. Top with additional whipped cream, if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 379 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Huckleberry Cheese Pie
"Made this according to the recipe, using fresh picked huckleberries (we live in Montana). It is absolutely one of the VERY BEST DESSERTS I HAVE EVER TASTED!!! I served it at a dinner party and all the guests just loved it! The texture is wonderful - does not fall apart when sliced. I would give this one 10 stars if I could! This one is a must-make!!"
"I made this with a traditional pie crust. It was great. Would definitely make again"