Hubby’s Favorite Crepes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 15 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- Additional sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Stir in the bouillon, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Remove 1 cup sauce; set aside. Stir chicken and 1 tablespoon parsley into remaining mixture; heat through.
- Spread 3 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Drizzle reserved sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with additional sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 crepes with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without additional sour cream): 460 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 9, 2013
Everyone loved these!
May 9, 2011
This sauce is fantastic! I am used to eating crepes as a desert or for breakfast. This recipe is simple, yet elegant, and tastes great!
May 2, 2011
i used to use cambells cream of chicken for my sauce filling this tastes so much better!!!
Apr 25, 2011
These were great! We left out the sherry and filled and baked the crepes (at 350 for 30 minutes) so we could make everything ahead of time.
Apr 24, 2011
Great recipe--It fed way more than 5 !
Apr 7, 2011
When my husband says to remember this recipe, it must be good!
Apr 3, 2011
Quick, easy, and delicious! I didn't have any sherry on hand, so I substituted with Marsala wine.
Apr 3, 2011
I have a 10 yr old daughter that loves crepes and is starting to like help in the kitchen. I gave her this recipe and said "have fun". Recipe was very easy to follow and were very good. I would definately make this again
Apr 1, 2011
My husband actually made this for supper the other night and it turned out wonderful. I told him now that he's the crepe expert, he could make it again anytime.
Mar 23, 2011
I've been married to a "meat & potatoes" man for 40 years; it's not easy to get praise for a new menu item. He raved about the crepes & filling,and made sure I saved this recipe!