- 3 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds each)
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 50 sandwich rolls, split
- Place turkey on racks in roasting pans. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting several times with pan drippings. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Shred turkey.
- In several Dutch ovens or large pans, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, basil, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and heat through. Stir in cream; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 50 servings.
Reviews forHot Turkey Sandwiches
"Very popular with gatherings of friends"
"I've made this recipe several times and it is absoutely yummy! I usually cut it in thirds, cooking just one turkey breast and 1/3 the other ingredients."