Hot Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Our family looks forward to these day-after-Christmas sandwiches featuring leftover turkey. When presented alongside coleslaw and cranberry sauce, they make another meal worth celebrating.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onion, eggs, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add turkey: toss to coat. Spoon into buns. Wrap each in foil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 435 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Salad Sandwiches in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.