Hot Turkey Salad Pitas
Fresh fruit and cooked turkey tastily combine in these yummy pita bread sandwiches.—Rachael Vanderndool, Barrys Bay, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- For relish, place the orange, cranberries, grapes, sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Set aside 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate remaining relish.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and reserved relish. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated though. Serve with the chilled relish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 542 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.