Hot Turkey Bunwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread butter over cut sides of each bun. Spread about 2/3 cup turkey salad over each bun bottom; replace tops. Wrap individually in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 645 calories, 41g fat (13g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 4, 2014
I found the onion a bit too strong but otherwise a good sandwich. One change I made is to hollow out the sandwich rolls a bit. Otherwise the filling falls out every time you take a bite. To make them even quicker, microwave them instead of bake in the oven.
Jan 18, 2008
i tried these once and fell in love, i make them pretty often now. i do have to set aside a small amount to leave onions out of for my 6yr old step son, but we all love them!i use red onion. yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.