Hot Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
This hearty sandwich from field editor Lucile Proctor of Panguitch, Utah is great eaten warmed or cold.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, sweet pickle, ripe olives and onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- 1. Combine tuna, cheese, eggs, green pepper, pickle, olives, onion and mayonnaise; spread about 1/3 cup onto each bun. Wrap each sandwich in waxed paper; microwave on high for 30-45 seconds (per sandwich) or until the cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 495 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Hot Tuna Sandwiches
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC