Once you've cooked the tortellini, the rest of this salad is a breeze to finish in the microwave. Sour cream provides the mild coating over this memorable medley of pasta, ham and broccoli shared Catherine Allan of Twin Falls, Idaho.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 to 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the broccoli, onions and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook 2 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender.
- Drain tortellini; add to broccoli mixture. Stir in the ham, sour cream and basil. Cover and microwave on high for 30-90 seconds or until heated through. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Tortellini Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p49
Reviews forHot Tortellini Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2010
"First time i made it my husband loved it. He hates sour cream but you hardly tell its sour cream. We make this anytime we're having a big get together! Great meal!"