- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups cooked diced chicken breast
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Italian bread (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 6 tomato slices
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, celery and cheese. Spread butter on each slice of bread; top each with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.
- Place sandwiches on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Top sandwiches with tomato and lettuce. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHot Swiss Chicken Sandwiches
"Delicious & easy to make. It's easier to eat if the tomatoes are chopped though."
"I made this today for my husband and I for lunch, and we both liked it very much! Delicious! I used Light Miracle Whip instead of mayo, no butter, and I used half a whole wheat pita pocket instead of Italian bread. It was delicious! I served it with baby carrots and a cup of fresh blueberries. Very, very tasty."
"I made this tonight. Qick and easy, doesn't dirty up too many dishes, and my wife and I both thought it was delicious. I made a completely veganized version. Here were my substitutions:- Veganaise instead of egg-based mayo. Honestly I think Veganaise tastes better.- A package of Westsoy seitan instead of chicken. Seitan is a high-protein, wheat gluten-based veggie meat that has a taste and texture similar to chicken in recipes. You can make your own but I usually buy it ready-made.- Earth Balance instead of butter. Great alternative in recipes or on toast.I made the sandwiches on multi-grain bread. I like the pita suggestion, also; maybe we'll try that next time."