Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers
- In a skillet, saute artichokes and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in spinach and Parmesan cheese; cook over low heat until spinach is heated through. Add Colby/Monterey Jack cheese, milk and Creole seasoning; heat until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 89 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2018
This was quick to make, but not our favorite version of the famous dip. The consistency was not what we expected, not as creamy as we normally like.
Jan 24, 2012
My hubby was thrilled and has been a repeat fave.
Sep 24, 2011
I have made this many times...I add a half pound of crab and it works just fine....The thing for some to remember is that a cup of cheese is 4 oz. not 8 oz. as with liquid mesurements...
Sep 23, 2011
I make this recipe often and it's always a hit. The issue regarding the cheese... it calls for 8oz of each cheese listed equaling 2 cups. This is very convenient to put in a crock pot at a party and always tasty.
Sep 17, 2011
Oooey Gooey cheesy is a good thing.
Aug 27, 2011
I can usually understand what is required in a recipe. This one is a stumper. 2 cups or 8 oz of cheese? It made an ooey- gooey mess using 2 cups of cheese. I am going to try and save it by combining another recipe. Please make it easy to understand.
Jun 21, 2011
this is really interesting..<
Mar 14, 2011
May not taste exactly like a restaurant, but it was delicious. I got lots of compliments and it was the only appetizer at the shower that was nearly gone! Also, super easy and quick to make.
Sep 20, 2010
Loved this dip!! Tastes just like the restaurants.
Oct 31, 2009
I was disappointed in this recipe. it was nothing like some of the artichoke spinach dips I have had. I will keep looking for a good one.