Hot Spicy Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 7 to 8 pounds fresh or frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the chicken wings in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over wings.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Spoon sauce from pans over wings if desired. Freeze option: Cover and freeze cooled wings in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Reheat wings in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 325° oven until heated through, covering if necessary to prevent excess browning.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 415 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 21, 2013
Made these 4 times this summer on grill using a "throw away" aluminum lasagna pan. Stir every 15 minutes for first 45 and then char on grill for a few minutes during last 15. Put them back in pan, cover with foil and they are ready to go. Also added a teaspoon of cumin. Perfect for a family outing.
May 3, 2012
Jul 30, 2011
When I made the wings first time I added more hot sauce and I baked my wings first without sauce. I didn't add the water at all.After the wings baked I put them in a slow cooker and poured the sauce over the wings and cooked on low setting for about 2 hours. They were so tender..Everyone loved them.
Jun 6, 2011
This recipe is delicious with just the right amount of kick. I like the fact that most of the ingredients are things that you already have on the shelf. I did use fresh garlic instead of powdered and had to substitute cayenne for the chili powder. My only suggestion is to be sure to use a pan with deep sides as it makes a lot of sauce.
Jan 27, 2011
I like wing-dings but these seems so high in calories and fat.
May 15, 2010
These are the greatest hot wing ever ! No modifications. I have made them over and over,We never get tired of them, I get nothing but compliments from guest
Mar 16, 2010
This is the only hot wings recipe that my family will eat. Iget nothing but compliments from guest.
Jan 19, 2010
can't get to the recipe!!