Hot Spiced Fruit
My baked pears with apples and cranberries have a touch of sweetness and spice – just like a pie without the crust. Spiced fruit warms up any occasion. —Lin Koppen, Orchard Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup cranberry or white grape juice
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; gradually whisk in cranberry juice.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine remaining ingredients. Pour cranberry juice mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until pears and apples are tender, stirring once. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 88 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Fruit in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015