Hot Spiced Fruit
My baked pears with apples and cranberries have a touch of sweetness and spice – just like a pie without the crust. Spiced fruit warms up any occasion. —Lin Koppen, Orchard Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup cranberry or white grape juice
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; gradually whisk in cranberry juice.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine remaining ingredients. Pour cranberry juice mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until pears and apples are tender, stirring once. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 88 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Hot Spiced Fruit in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.