Hot Spice Fruit Compote Recipe
For a refreshing dessert made quickly and with less money, try this recipe. The fruits compliment each other well and the topping add so much extra flavor.—Helen Austin, Grand Rapids, Ohio
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash salt
- 1. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, peaches, apricots, pears and cherries; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; pour over fruit. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Discard cloves. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hot Spice Fruit Compote
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2015
"I enjoyed the hint of spices in this fruit side dish. My husband enjoyed it too."
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2012
"This recipe is also great for breakfast/brunch on a cold winter day when fresh fruit is not in season!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC