Hot Pizza Subs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 slices fully cooked ham
- 10 slices salami
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 4 slices each cheddar, mozzarella and American cheese
- Slice bread in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with pizza sauce; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with green pepper, ham, salami, pepperoni and cheese; replace bread top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 765 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 2224mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein.
Jun 16, 2013
Have made this a few times already and it is awesome even when I add a couple of things to it. It is extremely fast and easy so perfect for the days I get off from work late and want something that isn't going to take an hour to prep and cook.
Feb 13, 2010
I drawback...The loaf should be loosly covered with tinfoil otherwise the bread dries out. Other than that, it was a big hit with my boys.
Oct 31, 2008
Great sub! Husband loves it too.
Aug 15, 2008
This sounds wonderful, however, the sodium content is off the map! Will try it with low fat & sodium ingredients!
Jul 6, 2008
This sub is incredible. I took it on a camping trip and made it and now everyone is making it. You can place in on the grill in aluminum foil on low for 5 to 7 mins on each side.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.