- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 slices Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese, optional
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Mix first four ingredients. Place half of the mixture in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the ham. Repeat layers. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
- Using tongs, remove ham from slow cooker, leaving pineapple mixture behind; keep warm. In a large saucepan, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in pineapple mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve ham, pineapple mixture and, if desired, cheese on rolls. Yield: 10 servings
Reviews forHot Pineapple Ham Sandwiches
"This had good flavor but I think it would be better using a thicker cut ham."
"Wonderful recipe--my husband doesn't like Swiss cheese, but agreed that everything works together in these sandwiches to result in a very tasty treat. My local grocery store had high-quality deli ham on sale for $3.99 a pound, and I am so glad I remembered this recipe and took advantage of that sale. It was easy to put together and a great meal for a hot day since it utilizes the crockpot. I will definitely be making this recipe again."