Here's a real crowd-pleaser! The banana peppers pack a subtle punch, and the pepperoni adds spice. Have knives, forks and napkins ready so folks can eat them up neatly. —Darius Kovacina, Acme, Pennsylvania
- 10 banana peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and egg until blended. Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, onion and pepperoni. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans and drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Hot Pepper Pleasers in Country Woman August/September 2009, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hot Pepper Pleasers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review