Hot Pecan Beef Spread
A friend shared this appetizer with me, and I've made it often over the years. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator and can be reheated or served cold.—Harriet Kroeger, Blaine, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Assorted crackers or pita chips
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until toasted; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the sour cream, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Stir in the beef, onion and green pepper.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers or pita chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 115 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Hot Pecan Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.