Hot Pecan Beef Spread
A friend shared this appetizer with me, and I've made it often over the years. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator and can be reheated or served cold.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Assorted crackers or pita chips
- In a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until toasted; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the sour cream, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Stir in the beef, onion and green pepper.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers or pita chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 115 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Hot Pecan Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.