- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced pastrami, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Thinly sliced pumpernickel bread and light rye bread
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in pastrami and green pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated though and edges are bubbly.
- Cut out bread with a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter if desired. Serve with spread. Yield: About 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews forHot Pastrami Spread
"Completely bland and unexciting!"
"I made this several times and everyone asked for the recipe. For a change, I used chopped corned beef, chopped green onions with tops and smidgen of garlic powder.. can serve warm, room temp or chilled. Spread on crackers or cocktail breads... Went over great.."
"I have not made this yet, but this sounds delicious and i know I will make this and serve it to family & friends. I have a question though. Would I use the black pastrami or red pastrami? Thanks!!"
"Excellent and quick, I made my in an oblong glass dish, an served with cut outs and wheat crackers. Everyone wanted the recipe"