Hot Parmesan Puffs
These scrumptious puffs come from the oven golden brown and bubbly. I make them often to serve at parties. For a change of pace, I'll use Swiss cheese instead of Parmesan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 16 slices bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- Using a 2-in. round or diamond cookie cutter, cut shapes from bread slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion and cayenne. Spread on bread. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 257 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hot Parmesan Puffs in Country Woman Christmas 2001