Hot ‘n’ Spicy Pork Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min Cook: 2 hours
Makes15 servings (about 6 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onions and celery in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the beans, broth, water, jalapenos, spices, garlic, salt, parsley and hot pepper sauce if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover; simmer 30-40 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired consistency. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 253 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein.
Nov 30, 2013
I made this recipe exactly as written and it was delicious. I served it with the corn muffins with pecans on the same page.
May 4, 2013
I made this with leftover pork loin (very thinly sliced) and it was still excellent!