- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 24 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes; spoon 1/3 cup onto each bun. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forHot N Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
"These were delicious! I mixed everything except the cheese the night before due to time constraints of having family over to our house. The next morning, I put them in a crockpot on high to heat the chicken mixture through and then added just 2 cups of Velveeta. After it was heated through, I switched the crockpot to low. Total crockpot time was around 4 hours. I used a red pepper instead of a green one to give it more color. I had many requests for the recipe and I will definitely be making this again!"